'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Trailer Features Plenty of Dwayne Johnson, Very Little Channing Tatum
The sequel to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is set for release on June 29, 2012.
Paramount just released the first trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation, the sequel to the G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, a movie that nobody liked but made $302 million worldwide.
Jon Chu is behind the camera for this one and here are four things in the trailer that are noteworthy:
1) The ninja battle on the mountainside. Chu comes from the world of dance movies and the sequence looks like he busts a move.
2) Adrianne Palicki, sadly the once and never Wonder Woman, makes her first big foray into film since wrapping Friday Night Lights.
3) Dwayne Johnson is all over this trailer. You know who isn't? Channing Tatum, who starred in the first movie. Intentional or something more nefarious...like perhaps, Tatum doesn't have a big role in the movie, if you know what I mean?
4) Bruce Willis in action mode but not above making fun of his age. He comedically played the over-the-hill action man in Red. Now with this, the aging star seems to be relishing his near-AARP status.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Chance the Rapper Canceled His Coachella Set Due to Illness
- Theater Review: In Violet, an Unlovely Accident Yields a Lovely Musical
- Aidan Gillen on Littlefinger, Missing the Brothel and Why Omar Should Come to Game of Thrones
- Theater Review: It's Daniel Radcliffe vs. the Irish Stereotype, In The Cripple of Inishmaan