'G.I. Joe': RZA Joining Sequel (Exclusive)
D.J. Cotrona is another newcomer to the cast, which is led by Channing Tatum.
Two more actors are going Joe.
Rapper-turned-actor RZA and D.J. Cotrona, best known as one of the cast members of TV’s Detroit 1-8-7, are in negotiations to board Paramount’s new G.I. Joe movie being directed by Jon M. Chu.
Other than Channing Tatum, the Lorenzo di Bonaventura-produced action movie is coming back with a whole new cast with Dwayne Johnson and Elodie Yung among the newcomers to the franchise.
Cotrona will play Flint, a Joe soldier best known in the toyline and 1980s comics for his shotgun and beret.
RZA will play a martial arts master named the Blind Master who in the past trained Joe commandoes Snake-Eyes and Jinx (Yung).
Cotrona, repped by UTA and the Schiff Company, appeared in 2010’s weepie Dear John with Tatum and also starred in NBC’s short-lived drama Windfall.
RZA’s credits include American Gangster, The Next Three Days and Repo Men, and stars as the title characters in The Man with the Iron Fists with Russell Crowe. He is repped by ICM and Joe Carlone management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR