Gina Rodriguez Lands Lead Role in Indie Pic 'Sleeping With the Fishes' (Exclusive)
Sundance breakout will star in pic helmed by Nicole Gomez Fisher.
Sundance breakout Gina Rodriguez has landed the lead role in writer-director Nicole Gomez Fisher’s indie pic Sleeping With the Fishes.
Rodriguez will play a young woman who, after the death of her cheating husband, must return home to her dysfunctional, cross-cultural family. With the help of her quirky, comic-book obsessed sister (Ana Ortiz) and a possible new romance on the horizon, she begins to realize that one must lose everything in life to discover what has been buried there all along.
Produced by Courtney Andrialis, Fishes is scheduled to begin shooting this month in Brooklyn.
Rodriguez drew rave reviews for her role in the Sundance drama Filly Brown. Her credits also include Go For It! and Our Family Wedding. After a guest-starring stint on Happy Endings, Rodriguez signed a talent holding deal with ABC and ABC Studios to star in a pilot targeted for next season.
She next will be seen in a recurring role on the series No Names and in the indie film California Winter.
Rodriguez is repped by APA, manager David Guillod and attorney Karl Austen.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg
- Check Out the Real-Life Better Call Saul Billboard
- Everything We Know About the Production of Game of Thrones Season 5
- The Real Housewives of New York City Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Drescher Threw Her Leg