Gina Rodriguez Lands Lead Role in Indie Pic 'Sleeping With the Fishes' (Exclusive)
Sundance breakout will star in pic helmed by Nicole Gomez Fisher.
Sundance breakout Gina Rodriguez has landed the lead role in writer-director Nicole Gomez Fisher’s indie pic Sleeping With the Fishes.
Rodriguez will play a young woman who, after the death of her cheating husband, must return home to her dysfunctional, cross-cultural family. With the help of her quirky, comic-book obsessed sister (Ana Ortiz) and a possible new romance on the horizon, she begins to realize that one must lose everything in life to discover what has been buried there all along.
Produced by Courtney Andrialis, Fishes is scheduled to begin shooting this month in Brooklyn.
Rodriguez drew rave reviews for her role in the Sundance drama Filly Brown. Her credits also include Go For It! and Our Family Wedding. After a guest-starring stint on Happy Endings, Rodriguez signed a talent holding deal with ABC and ABC Studios to star in a pilot targeted for next season.
She next will be seen in a recurring role on the series No Names and in the indie film California Winter.
Rodriguez is repped by APA, manager David Guillod and attorney Karl Austen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR