'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' Graphic Novels to Be Released by DC Entertainment
The Stieg Larsson Millennium trilogy will begin hitting stores next year.
DC Entertainment is releasing graphic novels in print and digitally based on Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy.
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo will be released by the company's Vertigo imprint in 2012, with sequel The Girl Who Played With Fire following in 2013 and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest in 2014.
No writers or artists have been revealed.
The announcement comes ahead of the the Frankfurt Book Fair and New York Comic-Con.
“The intricate characters and stories Larsson created in the Millennium Trilogy are a perfect match for the graphic novel format, where we can bring Lisbeth Salander to life in entirely new, visually compelling ways,” says Dan DiDio, co-publishers of DC Entertainment. “It’s a distinct honor to work on a story that is already so popular with millions of readers around the world.”
PHOTOS: Top 10 Sleeper Hits
“Stieg always liked comics and it will be exciting to see the unforgettable characters he created come to life on the comics page,” says Stieg's brother Joakim Larsson.
More than 17 million copies of the three books have been sold in the U.S. alone.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR