'The Giver' to Screen in 250 Theaters Across the U.S. During Premiere (Exclusive)
The Weinstein Company and Walden Media are teaming up with Fathom Events to stream the New York red carpet event to theaters across the country.
After years of shuffling around in development, the film adaptation of The Giver is finally making its way to the big screen, and some fans across the U.S. will get to see it four days before it hits theaters.
The Weinstein Company and Walden Media are teaming up with Fathom Events to stream the red carpet premiere to more than 250 theaters across the country, and allow audiences to see the film ahead of its official release.
When the film's premiere takes place at Ziegfeld Theatre in New York on August 11, select theaters will stream the event, with some of the stars—including Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges, Katie Holmes, Taylor Swift and Brenton Thwaites—speaking directly to theater audiences. And after the red carpet, the moviegoers in those theaters will get to see the film in its entirety.
“Fathom Events is proud to partner with TWC and Walden Media to give U.S. audiences the first red carpet premiere event of this scale and the opportunity to see The Giver in theaters,” said John Rubey, CEO of Fathom Events. “In addition to seeing the film before its wide theatrical release, our guests will have an exclusive invitation to join the stars for the full red carpet experience.”
Additionally, one fan will also get their own chance fly to New York City and walk the red carpet at the movie premiere just by uploading a photo of themselves reading The Giver to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Photobucket with the hashtag #TheGiver.
The Giver, based on Lois Lowry’s beloved young adult novel, is set in a seemingly ideal, if colorless, world of conformity. When Jonas (Thwaites) begins to spend time with The Giver (Bridges), who is the sole keeper of all the community’s memories, he quickly begins to discover the dark and deadly truths of his community’s secret past. Phillip Noyce directed the project.
Tickets for “The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event” are available at participating theater box offices and online at Fathomevents.com.
The Giver opens wide in the U.S. on Aug. 15.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet