'Glee's' Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' Sequel
Donnie Yen and Michelle Yeoh already are on board to star in the martial arts drama.
Glee star Harry Shum Jr. has been cast as one of the leads in the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel being directed by Woo-ping Yuen.
The Weinstein Co. is backing the martial arts drama, which began production this week and will shoot in New Zealand and China.
Written by John Fusco (The Forbidden Kingdom), the movie is set 20 years after the events of Crouching Tiger and revolves around four heroes of the martial arts world — Silent Wolf, Yu Shu-lien, Tie-Fang and Snow Vase — who must use their courage and skills to keep the legendary sword Green Destiny from the hands of the villainous Hades Dai.
Donnie Yen already is cast as Silent Wolf, and Michelle Yeoh is on board as Yu Shu-lien.
Shum will play Tie-Fang.
Shum (repped by Innovative Artists, Triniti Management, and Stone Meyer) is best known for playing Mike Chang on Fox’s Glee. He recently wrapped filming Revenge of the Green Dragons, an immigrant drama in which he appears alongside Ray Liotta.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story