Glenn Close Joining 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
The actress will play the leader of the space police force known as the Nova Corps.
Glenn Close is in final negotiations to join Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
The movie, which is heading for a late June start in London, is part of Marvel’s Phase Two and the only movie that is not a sequel to already established characters such as Thor and Captain America.
Close will play the head of a space police force known as the Nova Corps.
Her casting continues the eclectic nature of the space adventure’s roll call.
Chris Pratt, best known for his comedy work in Parks and Recreation, is headlining the ensemble as half-alien, half-human Star-Lord.
Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista are playing a green-skinned alien assassin and a cosmic energy-blasting superhuman named Drax the Destroyer.
Michael Rooker is playing an alien named Yondu while Lee Pace is the movie’s villain.
Also sitting on an offer to play an newbie agent that acts as a liaison between all the characters is John C. Reilly.
Still yet to be cast are voice talent for Rocket Raccoon, a gun-totting animal, and Groot, a living tree-like being.
Close’s boarding just broadens the character spectrum.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Aretha Franklin On New Covers Album: 'I Don't Think I Have Ever Been As Excited As I Am Now'
- This First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown' Is Everything
- Rosamund Pike Dishes On Her 'Gone Girl' Sex Scene With Neil Patrick Harris
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Looks Like A Total Brain Pleaser
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus Fly Into LA Ahead of Season 5!
- Lena Dunham Opens Up About a College Date Rape Experience
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Inspiring & Philosophical with the Texas Longhorns Football Team - Watch Now!
- Hugh Jackman Joins #FeelingNuts Campaign & Grabs Himself for Testicular Cancer