Glenn Close Joining 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
The actress will play the leader of the space police force known as the Nova Corps.
Glenn Close is in final negotiations to join Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
The movie, which is heading for a late June start in London, is part of Marvel’s Phase Two and the only movie that is not a sequel to already established characters such as Thor and Captain America.
Close will play the head of a space police force known as the Nova Corps.
Her casting continues the eclectic nature of the space adventure’s roll call.
Chris Pratt, best known for his comedy work in Parks and Recreation, is headlining the ensemble as half-alien, half-human Star-Lord.
Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista are playing a green-skinned alien assassin and a cosmic energy-blasting superhuman named Drax the Destroyer.
Michael Rooker is playing an alien named Yondu while Lee Pace is the movie’s villain.
Also sitting on an offer to play an newbie agent that acts as a liaison between all the characters is John C. Reilly.
Still yet to be cast are voice talent for Rocket Raccoon, a gun-totting animal, and Groot, a living tree-like being.
Close’s boarding just broadens the character spectrum.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!