Bryan Cranston, Elizabeth Olsen in Talks to Star in 'Godzilla'
The duo would join Aaron Johnson in the creature feature being directed by "Monsters" helmer Gareth Edwards.
Bryan Cranston and Elizabeth Olsen are in talks to join Aaron Johnson in Godzilla, Legendary’s take on the classic Japanese monster.
Gareth Edwards is directing the film, which is currently embroiled in a producer dispute. Max Borenstein and Frank Darabont wrote the script.
The logline is being kept under wraps but Heat Vision can tell you to expect plenty of monsters in this creature feature. Oh, and that Cranston will play Johnson’s step-father and Olsen his girlfriend.
The project is heading towards a March production start. Warners, which has a 25 percent stake in the movie, will release the film May 16, 2014.
Cranston is the star of AMC's critically-acclaimed TV series Breaking Bad but has carved a nice feature career on the side. He is a key player in Oscar frontrunner Argo, played the bad guy in the Total Recall remake and was featured in Rock of Ages.
If a deal makes, Godzilla will be the first studio feature for Olsen, who is best known for her rave work in indies such as Martha Marcy May Marlene. She will next be seen in the remake of Oldboy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR