'Godzilla' Trailer: It's the End of the World as We Know It
The first trailer for Legendary's reboot of the classic monster franchise has hit the Internet, teasing destruction on a mammoth scale and offering a quick glimpse of the eponymous beast itself.
The first trailer for Legendary's Godzilla reboot is out, and if you were wondering what to expect, the answer appears to be: "a story of claustrophobic, epic destruction told on a human scale."
With little dialogue -- outside of an opening speech given to soldiers about to drop into a city partially destroyed by the giant monster -- and almost no clear view of the titular monster himself, the trailer creates the impression that next year's movie, helmed by Gareth Edwards, will offer a more serious, realistic Man of Steel-esque take on the giant monster genre than this summer's Pacific Rim, with a surprising focus on the people affected by the rampaging beast.
For those hoping for rubber-suited fun more akin to the original Toho movies, this trailer might disappoint -- but for those ready for a grand scale science fiction summer blockbuster, get ready: Next year might see the competition crushed by a giant mutated lizard personifying man's scientific hubris gone mad.
Godzilla will be released May 16, 2014.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!