'Godzilla' Trailer: It's the End of the World as We Know It
The first trailer for Legendary's reboot of the classic monster franchise has hit the Internet, teasing destruction on a mammoth scale and offering a quick glimpse of the eponymous beast itself.
The first trailer for Legendary's Godzilla reboot is out, and if you were wondering what to expect, the answer appears to be: "a story of claustrophobic, epic destruction told on a human scale."
With little dialogue -- outside of an opening speech given to soldiers about to drop into a city partially destroyed by the giant monster -- and almost no clear view of the titular monster himself, the trailer creates the impression that next year's movie, helmed by Gareth Edwards, will offer a more serious, realistic Man of Steel-esque take on the giant monster genre than this summer's Pacific Rim, with a surprising focus on the people affected by the rampaging beast.
For those hoping for rubber-suited fun more akin to the original Toho movies, this trailer might disappoint -- but for those ready for a grand scale science fiction summer blockbuster, get ready: Next year might see the competition crushed by a giant mutated lizard personifying man's scientific hubris gone mad.
Godzilla will be released May 16, 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)