'Godzilla' Video Game Spinoff 'Strike Zone' Released
The mobile game tie-in to Legendary's reboot of the monster movie franchise puts you on the ground as San Francisco is destroyed by the atomic horror.
Admit it: You’re having trouble waiting for the release of Gareth Edwards’ Godzilla reboot, and, after obsessively rewatching the trailers, have decided that you’d really, really want to be one of those soldiers jumping out of a plane into a lizard-ravaged San Francisco. Well, Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. knew you were out there, and they’ve made a video game just for you.
Godzilla: Strike Zone, created for mobile devices, allows the player to investigate San Francisco during Godzilla’s rampage, complete with overturned vehicles, flaming wreckage and flooded streets. (Spoiler: Don’t get into the electrified water.)
Those hoping to encounter Godzilla or any other giant monsters might find themselves disappointed by the game, however; aside from the occasional sighting of the titular monster from a distance or echoes of monster roars, the game is mostly devoid of encounters with oversized creatures; in fact, trying to attack the monster is a quick way to end up dead in the game — just as in the movie, undoubtedly.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chloe Moretz Talks Boys & Fashion for 'Flare' September 2014
- The New 'Maze Runner' Trailer Is Out & It's Every Bit As Awesome As You Thought It Would Be
- It's Another Royal Photo Bomb! Prince Harry is Totally Psyched in the Background of a Selfie
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Joins Hubby Nick Swisher at 'Mission Swisher' Scavenger Hunt! (Exclusive Pics)