Gold Circle Picks Up Sci-Fi Spec 'Eden'
Olatunde Osunsanmi, the filmmaker behind "The Fourth Kind," wrote the script and will also direct.
Gold Circle Entertainment has pre-emptively picked up Eden, a sci-fi spec written by Olatunde Osunsanmi, who also will direct.
The project puts Osunsanmi back in business with the company that made his 2009 alien-abduction thriller The Fourth Kind, which starred Milla Jovovich.
Eden, too, has an alien component to it as it is described as a modern-day science fiction take on the Underground Railroad legend. In the case of Eden, rather than humans enslaving other humans, the plot sees aliens oppressing humanity. The story follows a family on the run, risking their lives to get to a free city via something called the Rail.
Gold Circle's Paul Brooks will produce with the company’s COO Scott Niemeyer and Guy Danella exec producing.
Osunsanmi is coming off directing Evidence, a crime thriller starring Stephen Moyer and Radha Mitchell that was picked up by Image Entertainment at SXSW this month. Image will release that film later this year.
He's also had two scripts on the Black List: Fourth Kind and Dark Moon, which was set up Warner Bros.
Osunsanmi is repped by CAA, Caliber Media and attorney Stuart Rosenthal.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR