Gold Circle Picks Up Sci-Fi Spec 'Eden'
Olatunde Osunsanmi, the filmmaker behind "The Fourth Kind," wrote the script and will also direct.
Gold Circle Entertainment has pre-emptively picked up Eden, a sci-fi spec written by Olatunde Osunsanmi, who also will direct.
The project puts Osunsanmi back in business with the company that made his 2009 alien-abduction thriller The Fourth Kind, which starred Milla Jovovich.
Eden, too, has an alien component to it as it is described as a modern-day science fiction take on the Underground Railroad legend. In the case of Eden, rather than humans enslaving other humans, the plot sees aliens oppressing humanity. The story follows a family on the run, risking their lives to get to a free city via something called the Rail.
Gold Circle's Paul Brooks will produce with the company’s COO Scott Niemeyer and Guy Danella exec producing.
Osunsanmi is coming off directing Evidence, a crime thriller starring Stephen Moyer and Radha Mitchell that was picked up by Image Entertainment at SXSW this month. Image will release that film later this year.
He's also had two scripts on the Black List: Fourth Kind and Dark Moon, which was set up Warner Bros.
Osunsanmi is repped by CAA, Caliber Media and attorney Stuart Rosenthal.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)