Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh and Cast-Signed 'Gone With the Wind' Book Sells for $135,300
The book, which contains the signatures of nearly the entire cast plus director Victor Fleming and producer David O. Selznick, sold for double its initial estimate.
A 1938 copy of Gone With the Wind signed by nearly the entire cast of the film sold for $135,300 ($110,000 plus $25,300 buyer's premium) at an auction conducted by Profiles in History.
The book features the signatures of more than two dozen people, including Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable, Leslie Howard, Olivia de Havilland, Hattie McDaniel, Butterfly McQueen, George Reeves, producer David O. Selznick and director Victor Fleming, making one of the largest collections of cast signatures for the movie on one item.
The item had a presale estimate of $40,000-$60,000. The name of the buyer was not released.
See a picture of the book and the signatures below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother