Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh and Cast-Signed 'Gone With the Wind' Book Sells for $135,300
The book, which contains the signatures of nearly the entire cast plus director Victor Fleming and producer David O. Selznick, sold for double its initial estimate.
A 1938 copy of Gone With the Wind signed by nearly the entire cast of the film sold for $135,300 ($110,000 plus $25,300 buyer's premium) at an auction conducted by Profiles in History.
The book features the signatures of more than two dozen people, including Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable, Leslie Howard, Olivia de Havilland, Hattie McDaniel, Butterfly McQueen, George Reeves, producer David O. Selznick and director Victor Fleming, making one of the largest collections of cast signatures for the movie on one item.
The item had a presale estimate of $40,000-$60,000. The name of the buyer was not released.
See a picture of the book and the signatures below.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jamie Dornan Got In Some Bowling While In NYC for 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Promo!
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Continue Their Romantic Vacation By the Sea in France!
- 'Walking Dead' Season Five Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con & It's So Intense!
- David Beckham Starts His Day Off Right with a Morning Workout