Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh and Cast-Signed 'Gone With the Wind' Book Sells for $135,300
The book, which contains the signatures of nearly the entire cast plus director Victor Fleming and producer David O. Selznick, sold for double its initial estimate.
A 1938 copy of Gone With the Wind signed by nearly the entire cast of the film sold for $135,300 ($110,000 plus $25,300 buyer's premium) at an auction conducted by Profiles in History.
The book features the signatures of more than two dozen people, including Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable, Leslie Howard, Olivia de Havilland, Hattie McDaniel, Butterfly McQueen, George Reeves, producer David O. Selznick and director Victor Fleming, making one of the largest collections of cast signatures for the movie on one item.
The item had a presale estimate of $40,000-$60,000. The name of the buyer was not released.
See a picture of the book and the signatures below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR