Good Universe Picks Up Sci-Fi Thriller 'Extinction'
David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville are producing the Spenser Cohen script, compared to "The Sixth Sense" and "Cloverfield."
Good Universe has pre-emptively picked up Extinction, described as a contained sci-fi thriller written by Spenser Cohen.
David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville are producing.
Plot details are being kept under wraps although insiders have compared it to The Sixth Sense and Cloverfield.
Newly installed Mandeville new senior vp Alexander Young and Spenser’s collaborator Anna Halberg will serve in producing capacities.
Mandeville is in post-production on Muppets Most Wanted, the sequel to The Muppets which is due to open March 21, 2014, and was behind the critically-acclaimed zombie romance movie Warm Bodies, which grossed more than $116 million worldwide.
Extinction marks the second action project Cohen has sold this year. In June, Lakeshore picked up his pitch centered on the U.S. drone program. Last year he sold the action project High Value Target, which he is attached to direct, to Millennium Films.
He is repped by WME, and managed by Brooklyn Weaver at Energy Entertainment and attorney Scott Whitehead.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!