Google Easter Egg Celebrates Same Sex Marriage Decision
The search engine giant added a sign of support for the Supreme Court ruling striking down the Defense of Marriage Act.
UPDATE: Google appears to have instituted the Easter egg a few days ago in support of Gay and Lesbian Month. Still the timing with the Supreme Court rulings could not be better.
In apparent celebration of the Supreme Court decision striking down parts of the Defense of Marriage Act, Google has added one of its famous hidden Easter eggs to certain searches.
Type "gay" in Google and the search box turns into a gay pride rainbow flag.
The search engine giant is famous for tweaking its home page for specific searches. Among other famous easter eggs are "barrel roll," which spins the page and "ascii art," which makes the logo look like its from the 1970s.
The company is also well known for its Google Doodles, drawings and animation that celebrate famous people, events or even games (Google.com/pacman archives one of the best ever).
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!