'Green Lantern' Reaction: What Moviegoers Are Saying on Twitter
Favorable comments outweigh negative ones on the web thus far.
Warner Bros.' The Green Lantern opened Friday (with midnight showings Thursday) to mixed reactions from moviegoers, with favorable responses coming out slightly ahead on Twitter.
Based on 591 tweets, the twitcritics website concludes that positive reactions outweighed negative ones 331 to 260.
Among those who liked the film, @tipRock24, who says "Saw Green Lantern last night, awesome flick" and billdanza, who writes "Seen the green lantern movie twice now. Thought it was good the first time, liked it even better the second time."
Negative reactions were both colorful and to the point: jimmyjamwalk writes, "The green lantern movie was JUST LIKE a geoff johns comic! In that it was really f--king stupid. #greenlanturd" and JabbyJayy says,"The Transformers trailer itself was wayyy better than the whole Green Lantern movie. that s--t was one of the worst movies I've seen."
Green Lantern comparisons to X-Men: First Class and Thor were rampant as well. xChris87 wrote, "Just saw Green Lantern in 3D today. It wasn't that bad. It was more or less on the same level as Thor" and Stupid_Face_Rob Oh concludes, "yeah I saw Green Lantern lol It was ok, 3/5. Not as good as X-Men or Thor but still good. Helped being into it a little beforehand."
Green Lantern stars Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, and was directed by Casino Royale helmer Martin Campbell.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts