Gregory Noveck to Head Up Syfy Films
He was formerly the creative affairs and exec producer who oversaw DC Comics’ film and TV division.
Gregory Noveck, formerly the creative affairs and exec producer who oversaw DC Comics’ film and TV division, will head up Syfy Films, Syfy and Universal’s joint feature venture.
Noveck has been named senior vp production of Syfy Films, a newly created position that will see him shepherd Syfy branded genre films.
Noveck will report to Syfy president of original content Mark Stern and Universal Pictures co-chairman Donna Langley.
According to Syfy and Universal, “Noveck will work closely with the Universal and Syfy creative teams to find projects to develop by leveraging Syfy’s experience in developing genre content.”
At DC, Noveck established the film and TV division and oversaw the mining of the library. His tenure saw a DC resurgence with the Christopher Nolan Batman movies, Watchmen, Red (made by Summit) and Green Lantern, as well TV shows such as Human Target and many of the DC original animated features.
Noveck also worked at Silver Pictures Television and Platinum Studios, where he oversaw the early development of Cowboys & Aliens and Showtime’s Jeremiah.
Syfy and Universal created Syfy Films late last year to produce movies in the sci-fi, fantasy, supernatural and horror realms and have a goal to release one to two films a year starting 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)