Gregory Noveck to Head Up Syfy Films
He was formerly the creative affairs and exec producer who oversaw DC Comics’ film and TV division.
Gregory Noveck, formerly the creative affairs and exec producer who oversaw DC Comics’ film and TV division, will head up Syfy Films, Syfy and Universal’s joint feature venture.
Noveck has been named senior vp production of Syfy Films, a newly created position that will see him shepherd Syfy branded genre films.
Noveck will report to Syfy president of original content Mark Stern and Universal Pictures co-chairman Donna Langley.
According to Syfy and Universal, “Noveck will work closely with the Universal and Syfy creative teams to find projects to develop by leveraging Syfy’s experience in developing genre content.”
At DC, Noveck established the film and TV division and oversaw the mining of the library. His tenure saw a DC resurgence with the Christopher Nolan Batman movies, Watchmen, Red (made by Summit) and Green Lantern, as well TV shows such as Human Target and many of the DC original animated features.
Noveck also worked at Silver Pictures Television and Platinum Studios, where he oversaw the early development of Cowboys & Aliens and Showtime’s Jeremiah.
Syfy and Universal created Syfy Films late last year to produce movies in the sci-fi, fantasy, supernatural and horror realms and have a goal to release one to two films a year starting 2012.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet