'Guardians of the Galaxy' Added to 'Disney Infinity' Videogame (Video)
Ahead of next month's much-anticipated space opera, Disney announces the fall release of a "Guardians" playset for its franchise mash-up videogame.
Disney Interactive officially confirmed long-standing rumors Wednesday that Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy will be joining the already-announced Spider-Man and the Avengers in this fall’s Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes expansion.
The Guardians playset will include Star-Lord, Drax, Gamora, Groot and Rocket Raccoon, with two characters from other playsets (Iron Man from the Avengers set and Nova from the Spider-Man set) also playable. All five Guardians characters will also be playable in the Toy Box 2.0, as well as a special Marvel-exclusive Toy Box game titled Attack on Asgard.
The actual team won’t be the only characters from the upcoming movie to appear in the game; Cosmo, the Collector and Yondu will also feature as mission givers, and Ronan the Accuser will show up as the villain of the Guardians playset.
Watch the video below for an introduction to the Infinity version of the characters, as irreverent as the movie version, if considerably cuter—in particular, enjoy Groot’s leaf-filled moves—and more family friendly. The Disney Infinity Guardians of the Galaxy playset will be available this fall.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project