'Guardians of the Galaxy' to Get Imax Preview on July 7
Ahead of the movie's Aug. 1 bow, 17 minutes of James Gunn's Marvel Studios space epic will be screened in 150 Imax cinemas across North America.
The Galaxy gets a little bit bigger on July 7.
Marvel Studios announced Friday that 17 minutes of footage from Guardians of the Galaxy will premiere as part of an exclusive first-look event in 150 Imax theaters across the U.S. and Canada on that date, showcasing what director James Gunn described in a statement from the studio as "a truly immersive, cinematic experience that will take you further into the Marvel Universe than ever before."
CEO of Imax Entertainment Greg Foster said, "Imax and Marvel fans are some of the most die-hard in the world, and we're excited to offer them this exclusive extended first look at one of the summer's hottest upcoming movies in Imax 3D," adding that the special preview event will "give our audiences an immersive experience they won't find anywhere else."
Tickets for the July 7 preview are free and currently available through the film's official Facebook page. Guardians of the Galaxy opens in U.S. theaters on Aug. 1 against Universal's James Brown biopic Get On Up.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!