'Guardians of The Galaxy' Soundtrack: Marvel Unearths '70s Jams
Never mind the movie, enjoy the music: self-described "Awesome Mix" album to include David Bowie, Jackson 5 and The Runaways.
Hold everything, Internet. The track listing for the soundtrack to Disney and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy has been revealed and, yes, it really does live up to its subtitle of “Awesome Mix.” You thought “Hooked on a Feeling” was something? The album has “Moonage Daydream” and “Escape (The Pina Colada Song).” It really is the 1970s mix you didn’t even know you were waiting for.
The soundtrack is notable not only for its quality jams, but also for the fact that it’s not an orchestral score; although other Marvel movies have included songs from rock acts in the past (Soundgarden debuted their first new song in more than a decade in Avengers, for example), only Iron Man 2 had offered a soundtrack that wasn’t predominantly an original score thanks to AC/DC’s compilation album.
Whether this means we can expect more Marvel movies to go the rock/pop soundtrack route in the future remains to be seen, but we can only hope to see “Ant Music” show up in next year’s Ant-Man. The Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack album will be released July 29, with the full (awesome) track listing below.
1. Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling
2. Raspberries - Go All the Way
3. Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
4. David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
5. Elvin Bishop - Fooled Around and Fell in Love
6. 10CC - I'm Not in Love
7. Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
8. Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
9. The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
10. Rupert Holmes - Escape (the Pina Colada Song)
11. The Five Stairsteps - O-O-H Child
12. Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Follow Heat Vision
- Adam Lambert Teases New Single 'Ghost Town' - Listen Now!
- Lindsay Lohan's Mom Dina Is Looking For Love on 'Millionaire Matchmaker'
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Cannot Figure Out What Scott Disick Does for a Living in 'KUWTK' Clip - Watch Now!
- Kate Middleton Advocates For Children With Mental Health Struggles