Guillermo Del Toro Opens His 'Cabinet of Curiosities' (Video)
Director shares his private sketchbooks and unlocks his office for a new behind-the-scenes book to be published later this month.
If you've ever wanted to look inside Guillermo del Toro's famed sketchbooks -- each one filled with notes and drawings from projects that have both made it to screen and remain to be seen -- then you'll get your chance later this month with the publication of Guillermo del Toro Cabinet of Curiosities, a 256-page hardcover collecting work from many years' worth of notebooks.
The book doesn't just feature reproductions of the Pacific Rim director's sketchbook work, accompanied by annotations from del Toro and co-writer Marc Scott Zicree, however. There's also a lengthy conversation between Zicree and del Toro about the latter's inspiration and work, a tour of "Bleak House," the director's office and "second home," and an introduction from James Cameron in which he describes del Toro as "see[ing] with the wonder and stark terror of a child," with his notebooks being "a map of the subconscious."
Other people contributing to the book include Neil Gaiman, John Landis and Tom Cruise. Cabinet of Curiosities will be released October 29 from Harper Design; until then, you'll have to make do with this trailer to whet your appetite.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack