Guillermo del Toro's 'Mama': Quartet Records to Release Original Score (Exclusive Audio)
Fernando Velazquez, whose other credits include “The Impossible,”“Devil” and “The Orphanage,” created the spooky sounds that will accompany the supernatural thriller.
Fans of Guillermo del Toro’s latest supernatural thriller, Mama, can bring the film’s spooky sounds home courtesy of Quartet Records.
The company has announced that it will digitally release the original score from composer Fernando Velazquez, featuring new music from the Universal Pictures film.
Mama, starring Jessica Chastain and Game of Thrones’ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, tells the story of two young girls who disappeared into the woods on the day their parents were killed. When they are rescued years later after being found in a decrepit cabin, their uncle and his girlfriend suspect that a supernatural presence has entered into the home alongside the girls.
Velazquez, 35, is a Spanish-born film composer whose past credits include the score to The Impossible, Devil (written and produced by M. Night Shymalan) and The Orphanage (produced by del Toro).
Hear an exclusive track from the score in the player above. Mama opens nationwide on Jan. 18.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum
- Questlove: Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Is A Game-Changer
- Eva Longoria Says The Way The Child Refugee Crisis Has Been Handled Is ‘Un-American'