Guillermo del Toro's 'Mama': Quartet Records to Release Original Score (Exclusive Audio)
Fernando Velazquez, whose other credits include “The Impossible,”“Devil” and “The Orphanage,” created the spooky sounds that will accompany the supernatural thriller.
Fans of Guillermo del Toro’s latest supernatural thriller, Mama, can bring the film’s spooky sounds home courtesy of Quartet Records.
The company has announced that it will digitally release the original score from composer Fernando Velazquez, featuring new music from the Universal Pictures film.
Mama, starring Jessica Chastain and Game of Thrones’ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, tells the story of two young girls who disappeared into the woods on the day their parents were killed. When they are rescued years later after being found in a decrepit cabin, their uncle and his girlfriend suspect that a supernatural presence has entered into the home alongside the girls.
Velazquez, 35, is a Spanish-born film composer whose past credits include the score to The Impossible, Devil (written and produced by M. Night Shymalan) and The Orphanage (produced by del Toro).
Hear an exclusive track from the score in the player above. Mama opens nationwide on Jan. 18.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!