Hailee Steinfeld Joins Vince Vaughn in 'Term Life'
Peter Billingsley is directing the action comedy based on the Image graphic novel.
Hailee Steinfeld has been cast in Term Life, Universal’s adaptation of an Image graphic novel starring Vince Vaughn.
Peter Billingsley is directing the action comedy, which Vaughn is producing with Micah Mason and Victoria Vaughn via the actor's Wild West Picture Show Productions banner.
The graphic novel by A.J. Lieberman (who also wrote the adaptation) and Nick Thornborrow centers on a low-life whom everybody -- including mob bosses, contract killers and dirty cops -- wants dead. In a rare act of selflessness (and desperation), the man takes out a million-dollar term life insurance policy to benefit his estranged daughter, but soon after, he realizes it doesn’t take effect for 21 days. The story, laid out in nonlinear fashion, focues on the man’s efforts to make it to the finish line while trying to be a responsible father for the first time.
Steinfeld will play Vaughn’s character's daughter.
Vice president of production Kristin Lowe is overseeing the project for Universal.
Steinfeld is coming off the hot Toronto Film Festival premiere of Can a Song Save Your Life and will next be seen in Ender’s Game.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- The Fantastic Four Movie Seems Really Good All of a Sudden
- Vacation’s Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo to Reunite for a Pilot With a Very Silly Name
- Frozen Duo Writing a Song for Neil Patrick Harris to Sing at the Oscars
- Sundance: Watch Robert Redford and Nick Nolte Get Ready to Hike in A Walk in the Woods
- Behati Prinsloo, Karlie Kloss & the Angels Star in Victoria's Secret Super Bowl 2015 Commercial - Watch Now!
- Mandy Moore Hinted at the Ryan Adams Split Before News Broke
- Tom Cruise Allegedly Wiretapped Nicole Kidman's Phone & More Revelations From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Former Hollywood Executive Cindra Ladd Accuses Bill Cosby of Rape in Powerful Essay