Hailee Steinfeld Joins Vince Vaughn in 'Term Life'
Peter Billingsley is directing the action comedy based on the Image graphic novel.
Hailee Steinfeld has been cast in Term Life, Universal’s adaptation of an Image graphic novel starring Vince Vaughn.
Peter Billingsley is directing the action comedy, which Vaughn is producing with Micah Mason and Victoria Vaughn via the actor's Wild West Picture Show Productions banner.
The graphic novel by A.J. Lieberman (who also wrote the adaptation) and Nick Thornborrow centers on a low-life whom everybody -- including mob bosses, contract killers and dirty cops -- wants dead. In a rare act of selflessness (and desperation), the man takes out a million-dollar term life insurance policy to benefit his estranged daughter, but soon after, he realizes it doesn’t take effect for 21 days. The story, laid out in nonlinear fashion, focues on the man’s efforts to make it to the finish line while trying to be a responsible father for the first time.
Steinfeld will play Vaughn’s character's daughter.
Vice president of production Kristin Lowe is overseeing the project for Universal.
Steinfeld is coming off the hot Toronto Film Festival premiere of Can a Song Save Your Life and will next be seen in Ender’s Game.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR