Hailee Steinfeld Joins Vince Vaughn in 'Term Life'
Peter Billingsley is directing the action comedy based on the Image graphic novel.
Hailee Steinfeld has been cast in Term Life, Universal’s adaptation of an Image graphic novel starring Vince Vaughn.
Peter Billingsley is directing the action comedy, which Vaughn is producing with Micah Mason and Victoria Vaughn via the actor's Wild West Picture Show Productions banner.
The graphic novel by A.J. Lieberman (who also wrote the adaptation) and Nick Thornborrow centers on a low-life whom everybody -- including mob bosses, contract killers and dirty cops -- wants dead. In a rare act of selflessness (and desperation), the man takes out a million-dollar term life insurance policy to benefit his estranged daughter, but soon after, he realizes it doesn’t take effect for 21 days. The story, laid out in nonlinear fashion, focues on the man’s efforts to make it to the finish line while trying to be a responsible father for the first time.
Steinfeld will play Vaughn’s character's daughter.
Vice president of production Kristin Lowe is overseeing the project for Universal.
Steinfeld is coming off the hot Toronto Film Festival premiere of Can a Song Save Your Life and will next be seen in Ender’s Game.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!