'Halloween Comic Fest' Aims to Replace Candy with Comic Books
As part of the annual event, comic stores will offer "mini-comics" to be given away instead of candy to unsuspecting trick-or-treaters.
For those of you who would rather rot children’s minds than their teeth on Halloween, celebrate: as part of this year’s Halloween Comic Fest, participating comic book stores across the U.S. will be offering packs of mini-comics to offer trick or treaters on the spookiest holiday of the year.
Publishers including Archie, Boom!, Dark Horse, IDW and VIZ Media will be offering mini-comics for the event, with the mini-packs (bundles of 20 copies) available for pre-order at participating stores starting June 25. In addition to the seven mini comics available, 12 full-sized comics will be available for free from publishers including Marvel, DC and Terry Moore’s Abstract Studios.
Spokesperson Jason Blanchard said that the event, which takes place on Saturday, October 25, is intended to promote local comic stores as well as being “an opportunity to pass on the fun of discovering and reading comics to the next generation.” This will be the third year that the event, promoted by Diamond Comic Distributors, has taken place.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Ep. 12 Recap: 'Remember' Welcomes Team Rick To The Neighborhood
- Kendall Jenner's Throwback Bikini Photo Reminds Us The Winter Struggle Is Real
- Hollywood's Diversity Problem Starts At The Top, UCLA Report Finds
- Michael Jordan Fails Yet Again To Win 'Richest Person In The World' Title
- The Best Scene in House of Cards Happens in a Women’s Bathroom
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent Follow-up Will Be Star Wars–esque
- Ryan Murphy Gives Touching Speech, Reflects on Glee’s Legacy of Creating Acceptance Through Understanding
- Bob’s Burgers Did Its Own Game of Thrones Last Night, and You Should Be Thankful
- Cody Simpson to Co-Host Victoria's Secret PINK's Spring Break Bash with Gigi Hadid & Rachel Hilbert! (Exclusive)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Braves Torrential Rain for Lunch with Miley Cyrus!
- Lily James & Cate Blanchett Look Picture Perfect at 'Cinderella' Premiere
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album 'Wilder Mind' With a Brand New Sound!