Han Solo's 'Star Wars' Blaster Auctioning for $200,000-Plus
Harrison Ford's weapon of choice for "Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" is said to be in its original filming condition.
There's no match for a good blaster at your side. And now Star Wars fans have the chance to bid on Han Solo's (Harrison Ford) DL-44 Blaster, which is up for auction at Invaluable.
The light-weight blaster -- which does not fire -- was used in close-up scenes for Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi, with a heavier model used for scenes in which Han fired the blaster. The blaster that did fire is believed to have been lost.
According to the auction house, the blaster has been inspected by a well-respected Star Wars expert, who vouches for its authenticity.
Star Wars memorabilia has long been a favorite on the auction block. Last year, a Snowtrooper helmet used in Empire sold for $276,750 ($225,000 plus $51,750 as buyer's premium and taxes). The year before that, a camera George Lucas used during the filming of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope sold for a record $625,000.
The bidding for the blaster starts at $200,000 and runs through Dec. 21.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'