Han Solo's 'Star Wars' Blaster Auctioning for $200,000-Plus
Harrison Ford's weapon of choice for "Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" is said to be in its original filming condition.
There's no match for a good blaster at your side. And now Star Wars fans have the chance to bid on Han Solo's (Harrison Ford) DL-44 Blaster, which is up for auction at Invaluable.
The light-weight blaster -- which does not fire -- was used in close-up scenes for Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi, with a heavier model used for scenes in which Han fired the blaster. The blaster that did fire is believed to have been lost.
According to the auction house, the blaster has been inspected by a well-respected Star Wars expert, who vouches for its authenticity.
Star Wars memorabilia has long been a favorite on the auction block. Last year, a Snowtrooper helmet used in Empire sold for $276,750 ($225,000 plus $51,750 as buyer's premium and taxes). The year before that, a camera George Lucas used during the filming of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope sold for a record $625,000.
The bidding for the blaster starts at $200,000 and runs through Dec. 21.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Benedict Cumberbatch & Keira Knightley Dance in 'Imitation Game' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Michelle Dockery's 'Downton Abbey' Returns on January 4 For Fifth Season!
- Dwayne Johnson Wears Wig For Funny Fitness Skit on 'Tonight Show' - Watch Now!
- Kate Hudson Can't Stop Giggling During Box of Lies Game - Watch Now!