'Hanna' Writer to Pen 'Shadow of Colossus' for Sony (Exclusive)
"Chronicle" helmer Josh Trank is attached to direct the video game adaptation.
Seth Lochhead, the Canadian-born scribe who co-wrote the action film Hanna, has been tapped to work on Shadow of the Colossus, Sony’s adaptation of the popular PlayStation 2 video game.
Josh Trank is attached to direct the project and came on board in May 2012 after being launched by his hit sci-fi pic Chronicle. He will oversee the writing of the script. Justin Marks wrote an early draft of the script when the project was initially set up in 2009.
The game’s story involves a young man named Wander, who, riding his trusty steed Argo, travels a world defeating 16 colossal beings in order to resurrect a girl named Mono.
Kevin Misher is producing. Misher Films’ Andy Berman and Kevin Chang are overseeing.
Lochhead has The Governess, a top secret project being produced by Michael Bay, set up at Warner Bros. and has written an adaptation of sci-fi novel The Age of Miracles for Bill Pohlad’s River Road Entertainment.
Hanna was an intriguingly off-beat 2011 action movie directed by Joe Wright and starring Saoirse Ronan as a teenager trained to be an assassin by her father, played by Eric Bana.
Lochhead is repped by WME, Circle of Confusion and Myman Greenspan.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR