'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters' Sequel in Development
Paramount and MGM's announcement comes on the heels of the movie crossing the $200 million worldwide box office mark.
Paramount and MGM have thrown into development a sequel to Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.
The move is eye-raising since the movie was a bomb in North America, where it grossed only $54 million, but it shows the impact that the international box office has on Hollywood studios; the two companies are citing the more than $150 million grossed abroad as the inciting factor for the sequel.
The announcement comes on the heels of the movie crossing the $200 million worldwide. Among the countries where the action fantasy has done well are Brazil ($24.1 milion), Russia $19 million), Mexico ($14 million) and Germany at ($12.8 million).
Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick of Gary Sanchez Productions and Beau Flynn expected to return as producers.
The hit movie starred Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton as the grown-up fairy tale characters now dedicated to eradicating witches.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)