'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' Trailer: Jeremy Renner Bloodies a Fairytale (Video)
The action-fantasy-comedy mash up from Paramount unveils its first gothic look after a very long delay.
There was never just one... witch.
It took quite a while to get here, but behold, the first live-action look at Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, which does for the Brothers Grimm what Abraham Lincoln: Witch Hunter did for our most famous bearded president.
Featuring Jeremy Renner, who has this year donned tights to fire arrows (in The Avengers) and a leather jacket to seek out chems (in The Bourne Legacy), now going 1700s-German chic -- and just as tough as ever -- as Hansel, and Gemma Arterton as his sister Gretel, the film acts as a continuation to the classic fairy tale. Instead of bread crumbs, the now-grown pair are leaving trails of blood in the woods, as they hunt down witches (spoiler alert) following their youthful run-in with the candy architect with a mean streak.
Originally scheduled for March release, the film will now come out in January, during a relatively barren season for Hollywood. Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was a box office bust; will Renner's star power help save this film from the same fate?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR