'Harold & Kumar' Director Sets Action-Adventure Comedy at New Line (Exclusive)
Todd Strauss-Schulson will direct and Chris Galletta will write the script for the Brazil-set feature.
New Line is getting back into business with Todd Strauss-Schulson, the director of its upcoming comedy A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas, picking up an untitled action-adventure comedy pitch that Strauss-Schulson is attached to helm.
Chris Galletta will write the script. Strauss-Schulson generated the idea and developed it with Galletta.
Strauss-Schulson will also produce via his Ulterior Productions banner along with Mosaic.
The plot is being kept secret but the setting is Brazil.
Galletta, repped by UTA and Anonymous Content, previously contributed to Late Show with David Letterman and his 2009 Blacklist script Toy's House is set up at Big Beach and casting now.
Strauss-Schulson is making his feature directorial debut with New Line and Mandate’s Harold & Kumar Christmas, which opens November 4. He made a name for himself with comedy shorts (Mano a Mano, Die Hardly Working and Pillow Fight were among the noteworthy) and worked on a show for MTV Asia. He is repped by UTA and Mosaic.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!