'Harold & Kumar' Director Sets Action-Adventure Comedy at New Line (Exclusive)
Todd Strauss-Schulson will direct and Chris Galletta will write the script for the Brazil-set feature.
New Line is getting back into business with Todd Strauss-Schulson, the director of its upcoming comedy A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas, picking up an untitled action-adventure comedy pitch that Strauss-Schulson is attached to helm.
Chris Galletta will write the script. Strauss-Schulson generated the idea and developed it with Galletta.
Strauss-Schulson will also produce via his Ulterior Productions banner along with Mosaic.
The plot is being kept secret but the setting is Brazil.
Galletta, repped by UTA and Anonymous Content, previously contributed to Late Show with David Letterman and his 2009 Blacklist script Toy's House is set up at Big Beach and casting now.
Strauss-Schulson is making his feature directorial debut with New Line and Mandate’s Harold & Kumar Christmas, which opens November 4. He made a name for himself with comedy shorts (Mano a Mano, Die Hardly Working and Pillow Fight were among the noteworthy) and worked on a show for MTV Asia. He is repped by UTA and Mosaic.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum