'Harold & Kumar' Director in Talks to Take on Warner Bros. Comedy 'Family Getaway' (Exclusive)
Todd Strauss-Schulson has entered early negotiations to take on the story of a family whose vacation turns into a cross-country car chase after discovering their patriarch is an assassin.
New Line's A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas opened to $13.1 million this past weekend, and executives at sister company Warner Bros. clearly liked what they saw, because the film's director has entered early negotiations to take on a hot comedy project for the studio.
Todd Strauss-Schulson is being eyed to direct Family Getaway, a story of a family that discovers its patriarch is an assassin when a rival killer shows up, turning a vacation into a cross-country car chase.
Jeremiah Friedman and Nick Palmer wrote the initial spec. Nick Kasdan worked on the script when he was attached to direct.
Strauss-Schulson made his feature directorial debut with New Line and Mandate’s Harold & Kumar Christmas. He broke onto Hollywood's radar with comedy shorts (Mano a Mano, Die Hardly Working and Pillow Fight were among the noteworthy) and worked on a show for MTV Asia.
Harold & Kumar was a good showcase for Strauss-Schulson's skills, allowing him to guide the pot-smoking duo through a host of comedic and action-oriented situations. Family Getaway sounds like a similar vehicle.
He is repped by UTA, Mosaic and attorney Greg Slewett.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR