'Harry Potter' Actor Joining 'Red 2' (Exclusive)
David Thewlis joins a cast that includes Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren and John Malkovich.
David Thewlis, best known to American audiences for playing Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter movies, has joined the cast of Red 2, Summit/Lionsgate’s sequel to the hit 2012 action movie.
Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren and John Malkovich are back as over-the-hill special agents forced out of retirement, and the movie has added extra wattage in the form of Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta-Jones, as well as Byun-Hun Lee.
Thewlis is playing a character called The Frog, an information dealer who got his name by poisoning the water supply at the Kremlin using a poisonous Amazonian frog.
Dean Parisot is directing the movie, due to start shooting later this fall in Montreal.
Lorenzo DiBonaventura and Mark Vahradian will produce the film via their DiBonaventura Pictures banner. The film is scheduled to be released on August 2, 2013.
Thewlis’ recent credits include Steven Spielberg’s War Horse and Luc Besson’s The Lady. He is repped by CAA and Ken McReddie Associates.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)