'Harry Potter' Actor Joining 'Red 2' (Exclusive)
David Thewlis joins a cast that includes Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren and John Malkovich.
David Thewlis, best known to American audiences for playing Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter movies, has joined the cast of Red 2, Summit/Lionsgate’s sequel to the hit 2012 action movie.
Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren and John Malkovich are back as over-the-hill special agents forced out of retirement, and the movie has added extra wattage in the form of Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta-Jones, as well as Byun-Hun Lee.
Thewlis is playing a character called The Frog, an information dealer who got his name by poisoning the water supply at the Kremlin using a poisonous Amazonian frog.
Dean Parisot is directing the movie, due to start shooting later this fall in Montreal.
Lorenzo DiBonaventura and Mark Vahradian will produce the film via their DiBonaventura Pictures banner. The film is scheduled to be released on August 2, 2013.
Thewlis’ recent credits include Steven Spielberg’s War Horse and Luc Besson’s The Lady. He is repped by CAA and Ken McReddie Associates.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Enjoy Romantic Seaside Getaway in Italy - See the Pics!
- Obsessed with Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love' From 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer? Boots Explains Reworking the Song with Bey!
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson & Irina Shayk Crush Into Hollywood with 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harington & Rose Leslie Keep Close at LAX