'Harry Potter's' Tom Felton Denies He's Pursing a Rap Career
He says he was joking and it "went completely over their head."
Harry Potter star Tom Felton, who plays Draco Malfoy, isn't planning a rap career despite reports online.
"Apparently I'm going to take the I'm UK grime scene by storm. I have no idea what they're talking about," Felton told reporters at the NYC premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Monday night.
When asked by the U.K. Sun about his post-Potter career plans, he said over the weekend, "I was thinking of doing some [British group] N-Dubz-style stuff. I am looking to get into the grime rap UK scene."
But now Felton says, "I can only think that it was an attempt at dry wit that went completely over their head. I don't know. Needless to say, I'm not planning on taking the UK grime scene by storm."
But if he were to begin rapping, would his rap name be?
"I have no idea. That's a good question, I'll think about it," he quipped.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch