Helena Bonham Carter, Dwight Yoakam, Barry Pepper Gallop to 'Lone Ranger'
The actors are in talks to join Johnny Depp for the Disney project.
Helena Bonham Carter, Dwight Yoakam and Barry Pepper are in talks to join the growing cast of Disney’s The Lone Ranger.
Gore Verbinski is returning to Disney to direct the movie, which is being toplined by Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer.
The movie, being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, sees Tonto, played by Depp, take a much more prominent role in the story of a Texas Ranger (Hammer) left for dead who dons the masked identity known as the Lone Langer.
If a deal makes, Carter will play the madam of a brothel who deals with gentlemen and scoundrels.
Yoakam, currently shooting Billy Bob Thornton’s Jayne Mansfield’s Car, will play Butch Cavendish, leader of the gang that attacks the ranger and leaves his for dead.
Pepper, Emmy-nominated for his turn as Bobby Kennedy in The Kennedys, will act as a military officer.
The cast already includes Tom Wilkinson, who plays a railroad tycoon with dubious intentions.
A mid-October start date in Texas and New Mexico is being planned.
Carter, last seen in The King’s Speech, reprises the role of Bellatrix LeStrange in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part 2. She is repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack