Helena Bonham Carter, Dwight Yoakam, Barry Pepper Gallop to 'Lone Ranger'
The actors are in talks to join Johnny Depp for the Disney project.
Helena Bonham Carter, Dwight Yoakam and Barry Pepper are in talks to join the growing cast of Disney’s The Lone Ranger.
Gore Verbinski is returning to Disney to direct the movie, which is being toplined by Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer.
The movie, being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, sees Tonto, played by Depp, take a much more prominent role in the story of a Texas Ranger (Hammer) left for dead who dons the masked identity known as the Lone Langer.
If a deal makes, Carter will play the madam of a brothel who deals with gentlemen and scoundrels.
Yoakam, currently shooting Billy Bob Thornton’s Jayne Mansfield’s Car, will play Butch Cavendish, leader of the gang that attacks the ranger and leaves his for dead.
Pepper, Emmy-nominated for his turn as Bobby Kennedy in The Kennedys, will act as a military officer.
The cast already includes Tom Wilkinson, who plays a railroad tycoon with dubious intentions.
A mid-October start date in Texas and New Mexico is being planned.
Carter, last seen in The King’s Speech, reprises the role of Bellatrix LeStrange in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part 2. She is repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Lana Del Rey Tells Complex She Has 'Slept With A Lot Of Guys In The Industry'
- Jon Stewart Wants You To Help Him Buy CNN
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson And Jimmy Fallon Were Failed Fitness Instructors Once
- From "Eve Of Destruction" to "Already Gone": Conversations with Jack Tempchin and P.F. Sloan, Plus a Godsmack Track