'Hellboy' Goes Digital to Launch Dark Horse/Madefire Partnership
Mike Mignola's character leads the way in new deal that will see the character made available on the digital company's "Motion Books" platform.
In his 20 years of existence, Mike Mignola's Hellboy has certainly gotten around: He's been all over the world, visited other comic companies and currently spends his time in Hell. Outside his fictional existence, he's just as well-traveled, appearing in comic books, movies and video games -- and now, thanks to a new partnership between Dark Horse Comics and Madefire, he'll be venturing into the realm of Motion Books.
Madefire's Motion Books platform -- available on iOS devices and the web -- offers the chance to add movement and sound to the comic book page, with the result being something that's not quite animation, but more than "just" comics. The new partnership, announced yesterday, between the company and Dark Horse follows a similar announcement with IDW Publishing earlier this year.
Dark Horse president and publisher Mike Richardson said that the new deal allows his company" a chance to again push the envelope and deliver a benchmark reading experience for the screen," while Madefire CEO Ben Wolstenholme added that his company was "thrilled" with the partnership. "Mike Mignola and Dark Horse bringing Hellboy onboard is extremely exciting," he said.
A teaser of the first issue of Hellboy in Hell in Motion Books format is already available, ahead of the series' official launch.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign