Henry Cavill in Talks to Replace Tom Cruise in 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
The actor is going from "Man of Steel" to the Guy Ritchie spy film.
Henry Cavill is in talks to step into the shoes vacated by Tom Cruise in Man From U.N.C.L.E., Warner Bros.’s big-screen take on the classic spy series.
Cruise dropped out of the project, being directed by Guy Ritchie, last week due to his schedule bumping up against Mission: Impossible 5.
It was the latest acting snafu to befall the long-in-the-works project, but the studio quickly worked to find a replacement, as it wants to shoot the movie this fall.
Armie Hammer is still onboard to co-star in the film, while Swedish actress Alicia Vikander is in negotiations for the female lead.
U.N.C.L.E. tells of the spy adventures of American agent Napoleon Solo and Soviet agent Illya Kuryakin. Cavill will now play Solo to Hammer’s Kuryakin.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)