Henry Cavill in Talks to Replace Tom Cruise in 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
The actor is going from "Man of Steel" to the Guy Ritchie spy film.
Henry Cavill is in talks to step into the shoes vacated by Tom Cruise in Man From U.N.C.L.E., Warner Bros.’s big-screen take on the classic spy series.
Cruise dropped out of the project, being directed by Guy Ritchie, last week due to his schedule bumping up against Mission: Impossible 5.
It was the latest acting snafu to befall the long-in-the-works project, but the studio quickly worked to find a replacement, as it wants to shoot the movie this fall.
Armie Hammer is still onboard to co-star in the film, while Swedish actress Alicia Vikander is in negotiations for the female lead.
U.N.C.L.E. tells of the spy adventures of American agent Napoleon Solo and Soviet agent Illya Kuryakin. Cavill will now play Solo to Hammer’s Kuryakin.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!