'Hercules' Release Date Moves to July 25, 2014
Brett Ratner helms the event pic starring Dwayne Johnson.
Hercules is on the move.
The Brett Ratner-helmed film, originally scheduled for release on Aug. 8, 2014, has been moved to July 25, 2014, Paramount announced Tuesday.
The event pic, based on Radical Studios' graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars, stars Dwayne Johnson in the titular role.
While no other films are currently slated for release on the same date, the move to July does put the film one week after the release of two major summer tentpoles -- The Hobbit: There and Back Again and X-Men: Days of Future Past -- both out on July 18, 2014.
The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal, with revisions by Evan Spiliotopoulos. The film is being produced by Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Ratner and executive produced by Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger.
Johnson, who stars in Snitch, which hit theaters on Friday, will be getting plenty of screen time in the coming months, appearing in G.I. Joe: Retaliation in March, Pain & Gain in April and Fast & Furious 6 in May.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR