'The Hobbit' to Begin Filming March 21
Director Peter Jackson, who was released from the hospital last week, says: "Despite some delays we are fully back on track and very excited to get started."
The Hobbit will begin filming March 21, production company 3Foot7 Ltd announced Monday.
"Despite some delays we are fully back on track and very excited to get started," said Peter Jackson, who was released from the hospital last week after undergoing surgery Jan. 26 for a perforated ulcer.
Shooting was originally slated to begin on Feb. 14.
It will be filmed at Stone Street Studios in Miramar and on location in New Zealand.
Elijah Wood, Cate Blanchett and Ian McKellen, who was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of Gandalf, are among the actors who will reprise their roles.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport