'The Hobbit' to Begin Filming March 21
Director Peter Jackson, who was released from the hospital last week, says: "Despite some delays we are fully back on track and very excited to get started."
The Hobbit will begin filming March 21, production company 3Foot7 Ltd announced Monday.
"Despite some delays we are fully back on track and very excited to get started," said Peter Jackson, who was released from the hospital last week after undergoing surgery Jan. 26 for a perforated ulcer.
Shooting was originally slated to begin on Feb. 14.
It will be filmed at Stone Street Studios in Miramar and on location in New Zealand.
Elijah Wood, Cate Blanchett and Ian McKellen, who was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of Gandalf, are among the actors who will reprise their roles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR