'The Hobbit' to Begin Filming March 21
Director Peter Jackson, who was released from the hospital last week, says: "Despite some delays we are fully back on track and very excited to get started."
The Hobbit will begin filming March 21, production company 3Foot7 Ltd announced Monday.
"Despite some delays we are fully back on track and very excited to get started," said Peter Jackson, who was released from the hospital last week after undergoing surgery Jan. 26 for a perforated ulcer.
Shooting was originally slated to begin on Feb. 14.
It will be filmed at Stone Street Studios in Miramar and on location in New Zealand.
Elijah Wood, Cate Blanchett and Ian McKellen, who was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of Gandalf, are among the actors who will reprise their roles.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Ted Nugent Show Canceled After Native-American Tribe Hears About Rocker's 'Racist And Hate-Filled Remarks'
- Stephen Colbert Asks Nancy Pelosi If She Has Naked Pictures Of John Boehner
- Even Government Agencies Play The 'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood' Game, And Here's Proof
- Jon Stewart Learns What Happens When You Criticize Israel