'Hobbit' Casts 'Flight of the Conchords' Star Bret McKenzie
The New Zealand actor will play an elf in Peter Jackson's adaptation of the J.R.R. Tolkien novel.
Flight of the Conchords star Bret McKenzie has joined Peter Jackson's adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit.
McKenzie will play an elf in the New Line film, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed.
The Hobbit, which is shooting in New Zealand, follows Bilbo Baggins' (Martin Freeman) epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor.
New Zealand-born McKenzie is best known to U.S. audiences for his role in Conchords, which aired on HBO from 2007-09. He and fellow Conchords star Jemaine Clement created the show with James Bobin based on McKenzie and Clement's comedy/music group of the same name. The trio received multiple Emmy nominations for the series, including best comedy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)