'Hobbit' Casts 'Flight of the Conchords' Star Bret McKenzie
The New Zealand actor will play an elf in Peter Jackson's adaptation of the J.R.R. Tolkien novel.
Flight of the Conchords star Bret McKenzie has joined Peter Jackson's adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit.
McKenzie will play an elf in the New Line film, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed.
The Hobbit, which is shooting in New Zealand, follows Bilbo Baggins' (Martin Freeman) epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor.
New Zealand-born McKenzie is best known to U.S. audiences for his role in Conchords, which aired on HBO from 2007-09. He and fellow Conchords star Jemaine Clement created the show with James Bobin based on McKenzie and Clement's comedy/music group of the same name. The trio received multiple Emmy nominations for the series, including best comedy.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!