'Hobbit' Casts 'Flight of the Conchords' Star Bret McKenzie
The New Zealand actor will play an elf in Peter Jackson's adaptation of the J.R.R. Tolkien novel.
Flight of the Conchords star Bret McKenzie has joined Peter Jackson's adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit.
McKenzie will play an elf in the New Line film, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed.
The Hobbit, which is shooting in New Zealand, follows Bilbo Baggins' (Martin Freeman) epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor.
New Zealand-born McKenzie is best known to U.S. audiences for his role in Conchords, which aired on HBO from 2007-09. He and fellow Conchords star Jemaine Clement created the show with James Bobin based on McKenzie and Clement's comedy/music group of the same name. The trio received multiple Emmy nominations for the series, including best comedy.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014