'The Hobbit' Honest Trailer: 'A Totally Expected Letdown' (Video)
"Instead of 'Return of the King's' eight different endings, watch a movie that doesn't even have one," says the trailer's narrator.
Despite Gandalf, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey isn't particularly magical, according to Honest Trailers.
The comedic series from Screen Junkies makes fun of the ways Peter Jackson tries to convince viewers his prequel film is Lord of the Rings, but notes "instead of saving the entire world from evil, this time they're saving one city from Smaug."
It goes on to point out the film adapted from J.R.R. Tolkien's book features little story, but does have plenty of singing and wandering around lavish green screens from Bilbo (Martin Freeman).
"Instead of Return of the King's eight different endings, watch a movie that doesn't even have one," says the trailer's narrator. "But you won't even mind, since it means you can finally go home and watch Game of Thrones."
Jackson's follow-up The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, which Honest Trailers says looks a lot more interesting ("but still unnecessary") hits theaters Dec. 13.
Watch the Honest Trailer below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera