'The Hobbit' Honest Trailer: 'A Totally Expected Letdown' (Video)
"Instead of 'Return of the King's' eight different endings, watch a movie that doesn't even have one," says the trailer's narrator.
Despite Gandalf, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey isn't particularly magical, according to Honest Trailers.
The comedic series from Screen Junkies makes fun of the ways Peter Jackson tries to convince viewers his prequel film is Lord of the Rings, but notes "instead of saving the entire world from evil, this time they're saving one city from Smaug."
It goes on to point out the film adapted from J.R.R. Tolkien's book features little story, but does have plenty of singing and wandering around lavish green screens from Bilbo (Martin Freeman).
"Instead of Return of the King's eight different endings, watch a movie that doesn't even have one," says the trailer's narrator. "But you won't even mind, since it means you can finally go home and watch Game of Thrones."
Jackson's follow-up The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, which Honest Trailers says looks a lot more interesting ("but still unnecessary") hits theaters Dec. 13.
Watch the Honest Trailer below.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Emily Ratajkowski Shows Off Her Long Legs at Golden Globes Award Season Celebration
- Michelle Monaghan & James Marsden Have a 'Best of Me' Reunion at Golden Globe Award Season Celebration
- Hilary Duff Reveals Why She Supports March of Dimes
- Nikki Reed Celebrates The Golden Globes With Amanda Crew & Gina Rodriguez