Comic-Con 2012: First-Look at Lego's 'Hobbit' Mini-Figurines (Exclusive)
The toy company will release the set Dec. 1, two weeks before the first "Lord of the Rings" prequel hits theaters.
Although The Hobbit is billed as an unexpected journey, the trip to Comic-Con is a familiar one for director Peter Jackson -- Warner Bros.' panel Thursday in Hall H will be his third appearance at the San Diego gathering.
And Lego, which has the licenses for both The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, also will be spreading its dragon wings with reveals of its film-themed sets and figures, as well as secret activities at the Con.
The Hollywood Reporter got the exclusive first look at The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey mini-figurines, which will launch Dec. 1, timed to the movie’s Dec. 14 release.
From left: Gandalf, Dwalin, Bombur, Bofur, Bilbo and Balin
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR