Comic-Con 2012: First-Look at Lego's 'Hobbit' Mini-Figurines (Exclusive)
The toy company will release the set Dec. 1, two weeks before the first "Lord of the Rings" prequel hits theaters.
Although The Hobbit is billed as an unexpected journey, the trip to Comic-Con is a familiar one for director Peter Jackson -- Warner Bros.' panel Thursday in Hall H will be his third appearance at the San Diego gathering.
And Lego, which has the licenses for both The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, also will be spreading its dragon wings with reveals of its film-themed sets and figures, as well as secret activities at the Con.
The Hollywood Reporter got the exclusive first look at The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey mini-figurines, which will launch Dec. 1, timed to the movie’s Dec. 14 release.
From left: Gandalf, Dwalin, Bombur, Bofur, Bilbo and Balin
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Isabel Lucas & Jim Sturgess Bring 'Electric Slide' to Tribeca Film Fest!
- Sofia Vergara's 'Fading Gigalo' Threesome Scene: I Was a Little Nervous!
- Leighton Meester Enjoyed Easter Dinner with Husband Adam Brody - Find Out the Romantic Details! (Exclusive)
- Emma Stone Publicly Questions Boyfriend Andrew Garfield's Views on Femininity - Watch Now!