'Hobbit' Poster Reveals a Sword-Wielding Bilbo (Photo)
The first of three "Lord of the Rings" prequels hits theaters Dec. 14.
Peter Jackson has been treating fans to new Hobbit footage this week, but this new poster has all you really need: Bilbo, Sting and the Shire’s finest overcoat.
Martin Freeman’s Bilbo looks determined enough to slay a dragon in this promo for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the first of three films adapting J.R.R. Tolkien's classic book.
The sword--which Frodo (Elijah Wood) wielded in The Lord of the Rings films, will undoubtedly come in handy on Bilbo's journey, which involves the Hobbit joining a band of Dwarves on a trek to retrieve their treasure. But it's no simple task, as that treasure is guarded by the dragon Smaug (voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch).
The film hits theaters Dec. 14.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR