First 'Hobbit' TV Spot Shows Bilbo Leaving Home (Video)
“The world is not in your books and maps -- it’s out there,” Ian McKellen's Gandalf says.
Though brief, there’s a lot packed into the first TV spot for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. There are Trolls, Dwarves and, of course, Bilbo Baggins.
The spot delves into Bilbo (Martin Freeman) being forced of his comfort zone and into the world -- a prospect he finds unsavory.
“The world is not in your books and maps -- it’s out there,” Gandalf (Ian McKellen) tells the Hobbit to encourage him to leave Bag End.
Director Peter Jackson’s first film in a planned trilogy adapting the 1937 J.R.R. Tolkien novel hits theaters Dec. 14. Advance tickets go on sale Nov. 7.
Watch the ad below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game