Peter Jackson Unveils Final 'Hobbit' Behind-the-Scenes Blog (Video)
With the prequel slated for completion just two days before its New Zealand premiere, the director said "everyone’s working around the clock to get the film finished."
Sleep deprivation, recording at Abbey Road Studios and creating motion capture beards are among the topics in Peter Jackson’s final behind-the-scenes video blog for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
Embedded at Park Road Post Production in Wellington, New Zealand, the director says the first of his Lord of the Rings prequels is due to be completed just two days before its Nov. 28 premiere in his home country ("hopefully," he adds with a nervous laugh).
"Everyone’s working around the clock to get the film finished," Jackson says.
The director takes viewers through editing and special effects at the studio, as well as the scoring of the film at the legendary Abbey Road Studios. In addition to the hard work, there seems to be plenty of perks working at Park Road Post, which provides laundry service, massages and three meals a day for its resident Middle-earth aficionados.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey hits theaters on Dec. 14 in 3D & 48FPS. Watch the video below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing