'The Hobbit' Teams Up With Nat'l Wildlife Federation for Contest
NWF partners with Warner Bros., MGM and New Line to host a contest where the winner gets a private screening of the film with up to 100 people.
Although The Hobbit showcases the natural beauty of New Zealand, the National Wildlife Federation wants U.S. audiences to remember the pleasures of their own country’s great outdoors. To that end, they’ve teamed up with Warner Bros., MGM and New Line to host the "Green Your Shire Sweepstakes" for a complimentary private screening of the film. Th winner will be able to invite up to 100 friends or classmates.
“We hope the popularity of the film series and the themes of courage and nature’s beauty will inspire moviegoers and fans of the book to do something to make our Earth a greener place,” said Carey Stanton, NWF’s senior director for education.
NWF is the education partner for the film, providing online resources to help students, educators, parents and individuals “start their own unexpected journey outdoors,” said the group in a statement.
The sweepstakes ends on Dec. 13.
Email: jhandel99 at gmail dot com
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum
- Questlove: Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Is A Game-Changer