'The Hobbit' Teams Up With Nat'l Wildlife Federation for Contest
NWF partners with Warner Bros., MGM and New Line to host a contest where the winner gets a private screening of the film with up to 100 people.
Although The Hobbit showcases the natural beauty of New Zealand, the National Wildlife Federation wants U.S. audiences to remember the pleasures of their own country’s great outdoors. To that end, they’ve teamed up with Warner Bros., MGM and New Line to host the "Green Your Shire Sweepstakes" for a complimentary private screening of the film. Th winner will be able to invite up to 100 friends or classmates.
“We hope the popularity of the film series and the themes of courage and nature’s beauty will inspire moviegoers and fans of the book to do something to make our Earth a greener place,” said Carey Stanton, NWF’s senior director for education.
NWF is the education partner for the film, providing online resources to help students, educators, parents and individuals “start their own unexpected journey outdoors,” said the group in a statement.
The sweepstakes ends on Dec. 13.
Email: jhandel99 at gmail dot com
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama