'The Hobbit' Teams Up With Nat'l Wildlife Federation for Contest
NWF partners with Warner Bros., MGM and New Line to host a contest where the winner gets a private screening of the film with up to 100 people.
Although The Hobbit showcases the natural beauty of New Zealand, the National Wildlife Federation wants U.S. audiences to remember the pleasures of their own country’s great outdoors. To that end, they’ve teamed up with Warner Bros., MGM and New Line to host the "Green Your Shire Sweepstakes" for a complimentary private screening of the film. Th winner will be able to invite up to 100 friends or classmates.
“We hope the popularity of the film series and the themes of courage and nature’s beauty will inspire moviegoers and fans of the book to do something to make our Earth a greener place,” said Carey Stanton, NWF’s senior director for education.
NWF is the education partner for the film, providing online resources to help students, educators, parents and individuals “start their own unexpected journey outdoors,” said the group in a statement.
The sweepstakes ends on Dec. 13.
Email: jhandel99 at gmail dot com
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least