'Hobgoblin': Darren Aronofsky Set to Direct HBO Pilot
The "Black Swan" helmer will team with Michael Chabon for the drama project.
Black Swan director Darren Aronofsky is making his first foray into television, boarding HBO’s high-profile Hobgoblin, a period drama written by Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) and his wife, Ayelet Waldman.
The project, which is in development, revolves around a group of con men and magicians who, using their deception skills, help defeat Hitler and the Germans during World War II.
Le Grisbi Productions’ John Lesher and Adam Kassan will serve as executive producers, with authors Chabon (Wonder Boys, The Yiddish Policemen’s Union) and Waldman (Bad Mother, Love and Other Impossible Pursuits) set to co-write and executive produce.
Hobgoblin will be Aronofsky’s first filmed project since he left Fox’s Wolverine sequel. That project was to be his follow-up to Black Swan, which grossed $332 million worldwide, but he abruptly exited Wolverine in March.
Aronofsky is repped by CAA.
Follow Heat Vision
- Before 'Game Of Thrones,' Pedro Pascal Was Getting His Ass Kicked On 'Buffy'
- Drew Barrymore Adds Fragrances To Flower Beauty Collection Making Us All Smell Better
- Guy Covers Every Single Part Of 'Prince Ali' From 'Aladdin'
- The Dumbest But Also Greatest Lyrics From Destiny's Child's 'Writings On The Wall'
- Orange Is the New Black’s Barbara Rosenblat on Playing Miss Rosa and Being ‘the Meryl Streep of Audiobooks’
- Why Are Movies the Only Kind of Entertainment We Still Have to Wait Around For?
- 7 Times Vin Diesel Gave a Wooden Performance (Before He Played a Tree in Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Chris Messina Is a Huge Cheater in This New Sam Smith Video
- Cate Blanchett Desperately Wanted to Play a Dwarf & Wear a Beard
- Katy Perry Sang for the President & First Lady Last Night at the White House!
- Kerry Washington & Jimmy Kimmel Bond Over Their Newborn Baby Girls!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Opens Huge, Scores Biggest Thursday Evening Opening of the Year!