'Hobgoblin': Darren Aronofsky Set to Direct HBO Pilot
The "Black Swan" helmer will team with Michael Chabon for the drama project.
Black Swan director Darren Aronofsky is making his first foray into television, boarding HBO’s high-profile Hobgoblin, a period drama written by Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) and his wife, Ayelet Waldman.
The project, which is in development, revolves around a group of con men and magicians who, using their deception skills, help defeat Hitler and the Germans during World War II.
Le Grisbi Productions’ John Lesher and Adam Kassan will serve as executive producers, with authors Chabon (Wonder Boys, The Yiddish Policemen’s Union) and Waldman (Bad Mother, Love and Other Impossible Pursuits) set to co-write and executive produce.
Hobgoblin will be Aronofsky’s first filmed project since he left Fox’s Wolverine sequel. That project was to be his follow-up to Black Swan, which grossed $332 million worldwide, but he abruptly exited Wolverine in March.
Aronofsky is repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'