'Homeland' Actress Morena Baccarin Joins Melissa McCarthy in 'Spy'
Paul Feig is directing the Fox comedy.
Homeland star Morena Baccarin is joining the cast of Spy, Fox's Paul Feig spy comedy starring Melissa McCarthy.
The cast already includes Jude Law, Jason Statham, Rose Byrne, British comedienne Miranda Hart, Bobby Cannavale and Nia Long, among others.
The movie centers on a CIA analyst, played by McCarthy, who goes into the field for the first time.
Baccarin will play one of the agency’s top spies who is also extremely deadly.
Peter Chernin and Jenno Topping are producing via their Chernin Entertainment banner along with Feig and Jessie Henderson via their Feigco Entertainment banner.
Filming is already underway in Europe.
Baccarin, who last year was nominated for an Emmy for her work on Homeland, recently wrapped ABC medical drama pilot Warriors. She also voices the character of Batman’s love interest Talia al Ghul in Son of Batman, the animated straight-to-video feature that streets next week.
Baccarin is repped by UTA, Seven Summits Pictures and Jackoway Tyerman.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!