Horror-Thriller 'Malignant' Gets VOD Release (Exclusive)
Gravitas Ventures has acquired U.S. and Canadian VOD rights to Brian Avenet-Bradley's film.
Gravitas Ventures has acquired U.S. and Canadian VOD rights to horror-thriller Malignant, slating it for a May 2014 VOD premiere, followed by a theatrical rollout with a date and distributor to be determined.
Written and directed by Brian Avenet-Bradley, the film follows a grieving man, Allex (Gary Cairns). He falls victim to a rogue doctor (Brad Dourif) who conducts experiments on human test subjects to cure their "addictions." The film also stars Nick Nicotera and Sienna Farall.
Produced by Laurence Avenet-Bradley (Dark Remains) and executive produced by Moderncine's Andrew van den Houten (Jug Face, All Cheerleaders Die), the pic made its world premiere as the opening film at the Shriekfest Film Festival in Los Angeles on Oct. 4.
"After seeing Malignant at Shriekfest this year, we knew we'd love to work on this one. Brian and Laurence bring a practiced and chilling eye to the film, and Brad Dourif achieves another in a long line of gloriously creepy roles," said Gravitas Ventures' Mia Bruno.
The deal was negotiated by Bruno and Houten of Modern Distributors, on behalf of Moderncine and Avenet Images.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public