'House of Cards' Actress Kate Mara Joining Johnny Depp in 'Transcendence'
The cast for the sci-fi pic also inlcudes Paul Bettany and Rebecca Hall.
Kate Mara is joining the all-star cast of Transcendence, Alcon’s Johnny Depp-starring sci-fi movie that will mark the directorial debut of cinematographer Wally Pfister.
Plot details have been closely guarded, but the film is described as in the vein of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Inception. Depp stars as a man who creates a computer program that develops an awareness.
Marisa Polvino, Annie Marter and Kate Cohen are producing with David Valdes as well as Alcon’s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove.
Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Aaron Ryder are serving as executive producers.
Mara, whose credits include TV’s American Horror Story and 10 Years with Channing Tatum, is currently co-starring with Kevin Spacey in House of Cards.
She is repped by UTA.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Bachelorette' Runner Up Confronts Andi Dorfman About Their Intimate Night & It Got Awkward
- Hawaii Five-0's Scott Caan & Girlfriend Kacy Byxbee Welcome Baby Girl Josie!
- Ariana Grande Reveals She's Fallen Out of Touch With her Father in 'Seventeen'
- Kellan Lutz Gets Cozy With Mystery Brunette at Dave & Buster's