'House of Cards' Actress Kate Mara Joining Johnny Depp in 'Transcendence'
The cast for the sci-fi pic also inlcudes Paul Bettany and Rebecca Hall.
Kate Mara is joining the all-star cast of Transcendence, Alcon’s Johnny Depp-starring sci-fi movie that will mark the directorial debut of cinematographer Wally Pfister.
Plot details have been closely guarded, but the film is described as in the vein of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Inception. Depp stars as a man who creates a computer program that develops an awareness.
Marisa Polvino, Annie Marter and Kate Cohen are producing with David Valdes as well as Alcon’s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove.
Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Aaron Ryder are serving as executive producers.
Mara, whose credits include TV’s American Horror Story and 10 Years with Channing Tatum, is currently co-starring with Kevin Spacey in House of Cards.
She is repped by UTA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR