Hugh Jackman Explains Robot Boxing in ‘Real Steel’ Featurette (Video)
The new video also provides an inside look at the creation of the fighting machines featured in the Dreamworks film.
Hugh Jackman lets viewers inside the fantastic world of robot boxing in a new featurette for Real Steel.
“We’re in the year 2020, and robot boxing is the biggest sport in the world,” explained Jackman.
Jackman appears in the featurette with director Shawn Levy (Date Night, Night at the Museum) and co-star Evangeline Lilly (Lost).
Jackman plays a former boxer, Charlie, whose career is invalidated by the rising popularity of boxing robots instead of real people. Charlie and his son set out to build a robot that can become a champion.
The featurette also gives viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the robot boxers, which were made through motion capture, choreographed by famous professional boxer Sugar Ray Leonard.
“Shawn said to me, ‘How do you feel about Sugar Ray Leonard?’ I said, ‘Sure, why don’t we just go for the best,’” said Jackman.
The Dreamworks film will open in theaters on October 7, 2011.
Watch the featurette for Real Steel below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR